JDFN Financial Network

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Comments on the charts are very difficult to read. This is a problem with the screen saving software when a "restored up" screen is saved. You would think that enlarging the screen using "restore up" before saving it, would give the clearest reproduction, but it often actually degrades it. Before saving, try "restore down" and then manually adjust the screen to be just a bit smaller than a full screen, say 1/2 inch in on all four sides. Then save it. See if this yields a clearer chart with more ledgible notations. Just a suggestion.

After you have double clicked on the small image, click on the image again and notice the small little square Icon at the bottom of the page and click on it to get the full screen image. It should then be crystal clear.
Amen, I can't read a thing.
Paul Walesky said:
I finally found those arrows in the bottom corner..
I really appreciate the great trendline info. Thanks!

How do I use these trendlines to exit a trade? When a counter-trend crosses a trend? Which?

Does the 7th chart (Downtrends are drawn from highs to highs ...) indicate an exit because the 4th trend has been crossed? Or, is it better to stay in the trade until the 1st trend is crossed? Or, is there a better way to determine the exit?

I know individual trade style and preferences influence an exit. Generally, is there an advantage to exiting upon the cross of a late (4th) trend versus an early (1st) trend?

What additional indicactors can be used in conjunctioin with these trendlines to help determine a good exit?

For instance, I sold short AUD/USD at 0.8776 (paper trade). What do I seek for a good exit? Please explain. Thank you!!!
Yes, trendlines can be used to both enter and exit trends. When you are trading in the direction of the trend; a break in the trendline is a cautionary hint that the trend might be reversing so watching the trendline can serve as an aid to exit out of a trade. Yes, on the 7th illustrated chart, the "4th two highs" is the most inner trendline that could have been referenced to exit this particular trade. You can use Fibonacci extensions to anticipate exit targets or even you favored oscillator. The attached charts shows some exits for this trade using both a fib extensions and occilators.

Dan said:

How do I use these trendlines to exit a trade? When a counter-trend crosses a trend? Which?

Does the 7th chart (Downtrends are drawn from highs to highs ...) indicate an exit because the 4th trend has been crossed? Or, is it better to stay in the trade until the 1st trend is crossed? Or, is there a better way to determine the exit?

I know individual trade style and preferences influence an exit. Generally, is there an advantage to exiting upon the cross of a late (4th) trend versus an early (1st) trend?

What additional indicactors can be used in conjunctioin with these trendlines to help determine a good exit?

For instance, I sold short AUD/USD at 0.8776 (paper trade). What do I seek for a good exit? Please explain. Thank you!!!
Attachments:
David Petrunic said:
Yes, trendlines can be used to both enter and exit trends. When you are trading in the direction of the trend; a break in the trendline is a cautionary hint that the trend might be reversing so watching the trendline can serve as an aid to exit out of a trade. Yes, on the 7th illustrated chart, the "4th two highs" is the most inner trendline that could have been referenced to exit this particular trade. You can use Fibonacci extensions to anticipate exit targets or even you favored oscillator. The attached charts shows some exits for this trade using both a fib extensions and occilators.

Dan said:

None of these posted chart examples is ledgible, and there IS NO red button in the lower right corner to "enlarge" them. Even if there was, that approach still does not yield the "crystal clear" image you suggest....but above, there is not even a chance at this attempt.

I respectfully suggest that you talk with PremiereTrade about this serious shortcoming....about the inability to provide truely crystal clear chart images. I note that MetatTader4 software includes a "file" selection to save charts as pictures....which creates a ".gif" picture file that can be included in such posts as you have started here. Needless to say, when the ".gif" picture is clicked on by a reader of the post, the picture is enlarged and indeed clear! PTAI and PT Elite do not provide this "save as picture" convenience which would create the ".gif" for attachment to posts, as does MetaTrader4.....and they should!

An additional comment.....some of your pictures leave out the chart banner which would help reveal the currency pair and the timeframe of the chart. It would be helpful if you included the chart banner in any chart picture you attach to posts in this forum.

I will attempt here to attach such a MetaTrader4 picture...to see how it fares......

I attached a MetaTrader4 picture file. In the process I note that the picture does not actually appear in the post (as it does in other post forums...see FXDD forums) but when you click on the attachment you will have a very clear chart picture, especially when you maximize the screen. Try it.

So now there is the additional improvement to ask PremiereTrade about....the second one being that attached ".gif" files should also show the picture in the post they are attached to, not just ride the post as an attachment!
Attachments:
"None of these posted chart examples is ledgible, and there IS NO red button in the lower right corner to "enlarge" them. Even if there was, that approach still does not yield the "crystal clear" image you suggest....but above, there is not even a chance at this attempt."

In regards to the above; If your window is fully expanded to cover your full view, then try minimizing the screen and click anywhere on the chart. This should bring up the little "box" icon. The image will be fuzzy until your able to click the little expand "box".

Frederick Lambert said:
None of these posted chart examples is ledgible, and there IS NO red button in the lower right corner to "enlarge" them. Even if there was, that approach still does not yield the "crystal clear" image you suggest....but above, there is not even a chance at this attempt.

I respectfully suggest that you talk with PremiereTrade about this serious shortcoming....about the inability to provide truely crystal clear chart images. I note that MetatTader4 software includes a "file" selection to save charts as pictures....which creates a ".gif" picture file that can be included in such posts as you have started here. Needless to say, when the ".gif" picture is clicked on by a reader of the post, the picture is enlarged and indeed clear! PTAI and PT Elite do not provide this "save as picture" convenience which would create the ".gif" for attachment to posts, as does MetaTrader4.....and they should!

An additional comment.....some of your pictures leave out the chart banner which would help reveal the currency pair and the timeframe of the chart. It would be helpful if you included the chart banner in any chart picture you attach to posts in this forum.

I will attempt here to attach such a MetaTrader4 picture...to see how it fares......

I attached a MetaTrader4 picture file. In the process I note that the picture does not actually appear in the post (as it does in other post forums...see FXDD forums) but when you click on the attachment you will have a very clear chart picture, especially when you maximize the screen. Try it.

So now there is the additional improvement to ask PremiereTrade about....the second one being that attached ".gif" files should also show the picture in the post they are attached to, not just ride the post as an attachment!
David, these carts are great - and quite legible. Please keep them coming.

For those of you who can't read them: LMClick on a chart, it should open that chart in a new browser. LMClick on it again and it opens it bigger - and more legibly. If not, then something is wrong with your computer setup.

Once again, they look great and are a big asset David. Thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

James Dicks created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by James Dicks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service